The Financial Services Promotion Agency (FSPA) operates under the aegis of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development and is mandated by the Financial Services Act 2007 for the development and promotion of Mauritius as an International Financial Centre (IFC) of excellence.
With its array of sophisticated and bespoke products, the Mauritius IFC is the ideal risk-mitigating and efficiency platform for cross-border investments. The FSPA works closely with all the local and international stakeholders to be the first point of contact for the international business community using the Mauritius IFC.
Functions of the Financial Services Promotion Agency
• Promote and position Mauritius as an International Financial Centre of repute and substance;
• Enhance the image of Mauritius as a clean and reputable financial centre;
• Act as a think tank for matters relating to the promotion and development of the Mauritius IFC;
• Develop and enhance the product offerings of the Mauritius IFC; and
• Spearhead the Financial Services Institute (FSI), to provide specialized training and courses dedicated to the financial services industry.