Following the proclamation of the Economic Development Board (EDB) Act 2017, the EDB has commenced its operations as a statutory body as from Monday 15th January 2018. The Financial Services Promotion Agency (FSPA), the Board of Investment (BOI) and the Enterprise Mauritius (EM) have merged into the Economic Development Board with a transitional structure that translate the core functions of the new organisation.
The FSPA is henceforth operating as an office under the EDB with the following functions:
• Promote and position Mauritius as an International Financial Centre of repute and substance;
• Enhance the image of Mauritius as a clean and reputable financial centre;
• Act as a think tank for matters relating to the promotion and development of the Mauritius IFC;
• Develop and enhance the product offerings of the Mauritius IFC; and
• Spearhead the Financial Services Institute (FSI), to provide specialized training and courses dedicated to the financial services industry.