The Gateway to Africa
As Africa is the new venture for economic development, Mauritius is set to move to the next level of its financial endeavors by acting as an investment platform for Africa. The Mauritius IFC geographic location sets to play a strategic role in attracting and channeling investment across Africa. The island explores new competitive business venues and a wide spectrum of investment opportunities for global companies to invest in Africa. Strongly bearing in mind, its political, social and economic stability and regulatory framework Mauritius offers a certainty to global investors to look up for Africa as an investment destination.
Key Features :
- A stable diversified economy within a secure political environment and established rule of law;
- A business-friendly environment with a simple tax system;
- Hybrid legal system combining the civil and common law practices with the Privy Council of the United Kingdom being the ultimate Court of Appeal;
- Home to one of Africa’s leading and most innovative exchanges which offers an attractive listing, trading and capital-raising platform;
- A large multilingual pool of highly capable and skilled workforce including qualified accountants and lawyers;
- No exchange control;
- White-listed by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD);
- Presence of all the major international banks;
- Member of the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, a World Bank affiliate;
- State-of-the-art infrastructure with high internet connectivity and modern port and airport facilities;
- Favourable time zone (GMT+4).